-
March 29th, 2000, 03:30 PM
#31
Inactive Member
MTRS the 1st,
I didn't mean to offend if it was taken as such...I'm on "our side"! Yossa put it so very sweetly...
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by y0ssa:
I think we've all broken the law because we all have fast cars...it's hard to resist that wave of testosterone that starts surging through the veins when a rustang pulls up...
Don't drive unpredictably. Other drivers are better able to deal with you if you are not blasting through lanes and cutting people off. This is why I don't jump across lanes in rush hour traffic. If people can't predict my behavior, they might smash into me...
Pick your moments!!! Play that little voice in your head and weigh the possible consequences. If a little part of me feels uncomfortable in any way, I won't step up, even if the vette in the other lane is revving the piss out of his car! That little voice may not be 100% right, but it's right enough of the time to listen to.
Know the area. Try not to speed or race in an area that you don't know well. This can avoid speed traps. Example: In the santa cruz hills, there a road I like to bomb every once in a while. However, around a blind turn, some einstein put a boulder 4 feet into the road to get speeders. I know about this, so I can watch out for it when I get there, but if I didn't know the road, I could end up on top of that boulder....or a speed trap...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
------------------
1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC w/hand ported plenum, Walbro HP fuel pump, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator(working it out), stock intake w/resinator cut off at fenderwell for "cool air", Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, Neuspeed springs(sux!), Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar, ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, Yokohama AVS 205/50/15's, Metal Master brake pads(KVR Carbon Fibre pads sitting on work bench) ,B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location...
and awaiting my YLW 00' ITR due in late March!!!
Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...
-
March 30th, 2000, 12:15 AM
#32
Inactive Member
-
March 30th, 2000, 05:14 AM
#33
Senior Hostboard Member
Matt, I was thinking the same thing... I just didn't write it as eloquently as you did.
For those here that don't know, Jimmy B. was my customer... and my friend. I built the car that he died in... and this pains me every time that I think about it. I am not interested in burying any more of my friends/customers... especially not if it is "car related".
The good news is that his death does not have to be meaningless... WEAR YOUR SEATBELT ALL OF THE TIME. If you are someone who speeds excessively, or drives aggressively, this is all the more reason for you to buckle up.
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
[This message has been edited by JRCivic (edited March 30, 2000).]
-
April 1st, 2000, 12:14 PM
#34
Inactive Member
This tread has the potential to be VERY long, since this a fear of the law that we all share. I've had 2 negs in a 1 month period and one could've easily been reckless.
My heart stops and my face flushes every time I see a "PIG" (no offense intended) parked along the road running radar, even when I'm just going with the flow.
Mac, I would have been seriously bummed if that happened to me and I feel lucky when I push the law way to far and manage to not get caught. I'll happen eventuallly to me and I know it, but there's something in all of us board members that disregards some of society's rules and laws.
I'd have the time of my life over in Montana, closest we can get to the Autobahn ya know. Freeways were designed for high speed and if it's all clear ahead, why not have some fun and use what you've worked so diligently on and experience the potential of the machine you've built, seems fair if nobody else is at risk. Ya know?
blah,blah,blah....
Bottom line - is it's fun, it's a great rush, and that's why we take the chances.
P.S.-I don't advocate trying to run
from the police, not a bright idea no matter what you're driving (maybe I've seen to many of those World's Wildest police videos, but I see how they end and even though they only show the ones where they catch the guy, some of it has sunk in). Why make a bad situation worse? If you get nailed, you gotta pay the price, at least be a man about what you've done, even if you don't agree with what the pig says, you'll get your day in court and take advantage of this - pay for a lawyer, they've got me and my girl off every ticket we've fought.
("don't do the crime if you can't do the time") umm.. ya words of wisdom from Jerry's final thoughts - sorta.
ANYWAYZZ..
if you actually read all this, you must have some time on your hands which you should spend on coming up with more creative ways to tweak our cars to gain that extra edge, you'll need it, I know I do.
getting tired here. So continue to do what makes you happy (lifes short, but don't make it shorter 
------------------
Much love to the imports
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks